Sanctioned Agility Trial
April 28-29, 2007
Our judges were Mary Phalon and Doreen Lucius
Thanks to all who helped to make it another enjoyable
weekend of CPE fun!
Saturday, April 28
Sunday, April 29
(email Melinda if you have any questions or think you might have a conflict)
Monday, April 9, 2007
This is an update on the RV parking situation at Shatford Park in New Lebanon. It turns out that the process of getting town property approved for overnight RV parking heavily involves the review of state laws and codes. The town of New Lebanon would have to hire an attorney in order to get the town codes, which refer to state codes and ordinances, changed to allow overnight RV parking at the facility. They cannot pursue this at this time, but I haven't given up - I will keep trying to get them to consider it (it will now be a long term project for them).
Here is a list of local campgrounds that are open that weekend. Most campgrounds don't open until the beginning of May, so there are unfortunately few available on this weekend.
Hidden Valley Campground; 15 Scott Rd, PO Box 700, Lanesboro MA 01237 (877) 392-2267. Open. Limited campsites at this time of year. Cost is $28.00 per night. Includes site, water, electric. They usually allow only one dog but have had agility people before and are willing to make an exception.
Bonnie Brae Campground; 108 Broadway, Pittsfield, MA 01201 (413) 442-3754; www.bonniebraecampground.tripod.com/. Not sure if it is open yet - says May 1, but may be open a week early.
Alps Family Campground, Route 43, Averill Park, NY 12018-3427 (518) 674-5565. They are open year-round, but at this time are full for the April 27-29 weekend. It's unlikely any slots will open up (i.e. that anyone will cancel their reservation), but I've included it here just in case.
Please email Melinda or Trisha if you have any questions. And, if you decide to pull because of the lack of RV parking on site overnight, we understand and apologize; please let me know asap so I can put people from the waiting list in the trial.
Hotel information for New Lebanon site:
· Best Value Inn, 576 Columbia Tpke., East Greenbush. (518) 477-9352; 2 double beds $60; www.bestvalueinn.com; 35 minutes to site
· Chatham Travel Lodge, 598 Route 295, Chatham (518) 392-4066 www.chathamtravellodge.com ; 20 min to site
· Comfort Inn, 1055 South St, Pittsfield, MA; 413-443-4714; $25 pet fee; $99 single; 20 minutes to site
· Cozy Corner Motel 284 Sand Springs Rd. & US 7, Williamstown, MA (413) 458-8006; www.cozycornermotel.com
· Crowne Plaza Hotel, Route 7 & West St on Park Sq, Pittsfield, MA; 800-749-4789; $25 pet fee; single $107; www.crowneplaza.com 20 minutes to site
· The Hancock Inn, Route 43, Hancock, MA (413) 738-5873. Bed and Breakfast. Mention AgileDogs for discount; www.thehancockinn.com; 15 minutes to site
· Heart of the Berkshires Motel, 970 West Housatonic St, Pittsfield, MA; 413-443-1255; 15 minutes to site
· Howard Johnson Express Inn, Lenox, 462 Pittsfield Rd, Lenox MA; 413-442-4000; 1 king or 2 double beds $58, 25 minutes to site
· The Inn at Shaker Mill, 40 Cherry Lane, Canaan NY 12029 (518) 794-9345; Bed and Breakfast; single $75, double $120; www.shakermillfarminn.com; 5 minutes to site
· Jericho Valley Inn, 2541 Hancock Rd, Williamstown, MA, (413) 458-9511; pets allowed in cottages only, 1 bedroom/2 person cottage $138, 2 bedroom/4 person cottage $168; www.jerichovalleyinn.com ; 25 minutes to site
· Knights Inn Lenox, 474 Pittsfield Rd, Lenox, MA (413) 443-4468; 2 double beds $49; small pets allowed with additional fee; 25 minutes to site
· Mill House Inn (a bed and breakfast that loves dogs!), Route 43, Hancock MA 800-563-8645; (ask for special AGILEDOGS rates: $100, dbl w/Queen bed; $110, 3 people suite w/ Queen bed and sofa; $120, 4 people suite w/King bed and sofa); www.themillhouseinn.com; 10 minutes to site
· Pleasant Valley Motel, 42 Stockbridge Rd (Route 102), West Stockbridge, MA; 413-232-8511; 20 min to site
· Rodeway Inn Castleton; 1666 Columbia Turnpike, East Greenbush (518) 477-2606; $69.99 single; 30 min to site
· Shaker Meadows Bed & Breakfast, 14209 Rte. 22, Canaan, NY 518-794-9385; Pets allowed only in suites (sleeps 4, in 2 separate rooms) and farmhouse; www.shakermeadows.com ; 5 minutes to site
· Spencerhouse B&B. 466 US Route 20, New Lebanon (518) 794-6500 www.thespencerhouse.com ; 5 min to site
· Travelodge Gt Barrington, 400 Stockbridge Rd, Gt Barrington, MA; 413-528-2340; 1 king or 2 double beds $79; 35 minutes to site
· The Villager Motel, 953 Simonds Rd, Williamstown MA; 877-986-6835; www.williamstownvillager.com; 45 minutes to site
Directions to New Lebanon site:
From the South: Take the New York State Thruway North to exit 21A, the "Berkshire Spur", and get off at exit B3 (Austerlitz/New Lebanon). * Follow signs for Route 22 North. Take Route 22 North for approximately 9 miles to the town of New Lebanon. At the red blinking light take a right to stay on Route 22 North. **About a mile later, take a left just before the Hess Gas Station to stay on Route 22 North; go 3/4 mile, past New Lebanon Central School. You’ll see the park on the left. Go past the park and take a left after the New Lebanon Town Hall onto Old Post Road. Go 0.2 miles to the park entrance on the left.
From the West: Take the New York State Thruway to exit 24, Albany. Stay on I-90 (this is a no-toll section) until exit 11E, which is Route 20 East. Turn right onto 20 East, and follow it for approximately 17 miles; go straight through the blinking yellow light in New Lebanon. Follow directions from ** above.
From the East: Take the Mass Turnpike to the New York State line, where it becomes the New York Thruway. Take the very first exit in New York, Exit B3 (Austerlitz/New Lebanon), and follow directions from * above.
From the North: From Hoosick Falls you will take Route 22 South. Go through the towns of Berlin and Stephentown. 1.8 miles south of the Columbia County Line, take Old Post Road on the right (at the base of the hill). Be careful, as the road comes up on you quickly. Go 0.2 miles to the park entrance on the left.
Melinda Schneider, Trial Chairperson 413-443-1687
Trisha Stall, Trial Secretary Trisha@agiledogs.net 518-794-0168